skip to main content
Main Dish Recipes
Vietnamese Chicken Noodle Soup
Make 2 servings
- ½ pound rice noodle
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon diced green onion
- several slices (1/6 pound) of cooked, white-meat chicken
- 1 can Fortune® 14 oz. Clear Chicken Broth
- 1¼ cups of water
- optional: 1 piece of star anise
- optional: 1 teaspoon chopped cilantro
- optional: 1 tablespoon diced green onion
- optional: 1 tablespoon bean sprout
- optional: 2 wedges lemon
- Heat water in pot over medium heat.
- When water simmers, add noodles.
- Stir occasionally or follow directions on noodle package.
- Drain noodle.
- Run cold water over noodles for 5 seconds.
- Drain remaining water and put noodles into serving bowls.
- Pour broth and water into a pot. If available, put star anise into pot.
- Heat soup until it simmers.
- Put in noodles and immediately remove noodles to serving bowls.
- Turn off heat.
- Add chicken to serving bowls.
- Bring soup back to simmer then pour into serving bowls.
- Sprinkle green onions over serving bowls.
- Enjoy. If available, add to soup chopped cilantro, bean sprouts, and lemon juice.
›› Main Dish Recipes