skip to main content
Main Dish Recipes
Make 4 servings
- 1 pound sea scallops
- 1 cup chopped ginger
- ¼ cup whole peeled garlic cloves
- 1 stalk lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces Parrot® 13.5 oz. Coconut Milk
- 1 can Parrot® 11.5 fl. oz. Coconut Water with Pulp
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 jalapeño, finely diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped chives
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup tomato, diced
- freshly ground black pepper
- ginger juice, for seasoning
- 2 tablespoons coconut, toasted
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, salt the water, and then cook scallops in the water for 2 minutes.
- Remove from boiling water and submerge immediately into an ice bath.
- When cool, thinly slice scallops into 3 to 4 slices each.
- In a medium saucepan, combine 1 cup of chopped ginger, garlic, and lemongrass and sauté in olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Add coconut milk and coconut juice and cook for another 10 minutes, until it becomes aromatic.
- Strain the liquid, allow it to cool, and discard solids.
- In a mixing bowl combine scallops, lime juice, strained liquid, jalapeño, chives, red onion, and tomato; season with salt, pepper, and ginger juice.
- Serve garnished with toasted coconut sprinkled on top.
›› Main Dish Recipes