skip to main content
Lemon Meringue Pie
Make 6–8 servings
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 (8 inch) pre-baked pie shell or crumb crust
- 3 egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon cream or tartar
- ¼ cup sugar
- In medium bowl, combine sweetened condensed milk, lemon juice, and zest; blend in egg yolks.
- Pour into cooled crust.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- Spread meringue over filling; seal to edge of crust.
- Bake for 12–15 minutes or until meringue is golden brown.
- Beat egg whites with cream of tartar until soft peaks from.
- Gradually beat in the sugar until stiff.